The ACLP is looking for a Managing Director (m/f/d) on a part-time basis in a remote role with regular travel to Brussels. It is envisaged to have a permanent office in Brussels later.
… is a platform that aims to drive innovation in plant breeding by providing customized solutions to the challenges of accessing patented traits and securing access to genetic material for breeding purposes.
… constitutes a simple legal framework enabling access to commercial varieties for breeding purposes and providing access to marketed patented traits on fair conditions in Europe with increased transparency, including – eventually – genome edited traits.
… is open to breeding companies of all sizes with employees and tangible assets in Europe.
… is supported by Euroseeds, the European organization that represents the seed sector.
… is located in Brussels, Belgium and established as a non-profit organization
The Managing Director will represent the Platform towards third parties.
- The development and implementation of the strategy decided and/or adopted by the Board of Directors and of the General Assembly;
- The day-to-day management including adoption of decisions and the execution of operations within the budgeted framework;
- The administration of the ACLP and in particular the organization of meetings of the Board of Directors and of the General Assembly;
- The communication to and with members of the ACLP, public political stakeholders, seed organizations and authorities;
- The promotion and further development of the ACLP’s activities;
- The extension of the platform by successfully onboarding new members;
- The preparation and follow-up of advisory committee meetings;
- The hiring and supervision of employees of the ACLP as approved by the Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience successfully leading or being in a senior management role in a plant breeding or trait development company, association, institution or organization with professional experience in board and committee management, operations, finance and the areas described in the Key Responsibilities above.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of the plant breeding and intellectual property environment, good knowledge of the European legislative framework for the plant breeding sector and the regulatory provisions for new technologies.
The chosen candidate will have and develop a broad network of stakeholders and experts from the plant breeding industry, politics, academia and associations in order to further develop and promote the ACLP. Successfully inviting new members to the platform will be one of the key priorities of the position.
An academic degree in law, business, plant breeding, agronomy, IP or other related field as well as excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to think conceptionally and strategically complete the profile. English language skills are required, French or other language skills constitute a plus.
The ACLP offers
… a remote work opportunity with flexible working hours and a high degree of independency,
… fair renumeration and benefits,
… an international and diverse working environment in close collaboration with European plant breeding
associations, member companies, public institutions and networks.
For more information, please visit www.aclp.eu.